Coretex Group Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles. For more information, visit www.privacy.gov.au.Collection of personal information
We collect personal information such as title, name, and contact details (address, phone, fax and email) from the forms on this website, via email, in hardcopy at our business premises and in the conduct of our business generally, including when we travel or meet with clients/customers outside of our business premises. We collect this information from:
• clients/customers, potential clients/customers and those persons requesting quotes, costs estimates and making enquiries
• job applicants and business associates
• visitors to our practice and website
• our employees, contractors and suppliers
• others we come into contact with.
In some instances, we also collect information on your occupation, age group and interests, and where you have been referred to us from.
We only collect sensitive personal information, such as your date of birth, financial information and personal wishes, when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
• Contact us for further information
• Enter into a client agreement/order/retainer with our business/firm/practice
• Participate in surveys and other types of research
• Subscribe to our mailing list
• Register your details on our website
• Ask for a costs estimate
• Submit a job application or résumé
Other information we may collect
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data.
The site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customise the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
How we store your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is stored securely and that the information’s integrity is maintained. Information transmitted through our website and via email is done so through secured and encrypted technologies, and stored on secured severs, both in Australia and overseas. Credit card information submitted through our website is not stored by us on our servers but is rather sent directly to our payment services provider: .
Due to the use of secure cloud servers it is possible that your personal information may stored or transmitted overseas. Due to the nature of email and other electronic and data communication it is impossible for us to provide a list of all of the countries that your information may travel through before reaching a cloud server. Your information is not likely to be disclosed overseas.
We may also store or copy your information in hardcopy.
How we use your information
We use your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better services/products. Specifically, we use personal information to:
• provide advice/orders/supply and act on your behalf/complete your order
• deal with your queries, enquiries or customer service issues
• provide you with support or related services as required from related entities
• maintain and develop our computer and business systems
• keep you up-to-date with information we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels (you will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time)
• plan and conduct business development or research purposes
• comply with our legal obligations
Use and disclosure of personal information
We use and disclosure your personal information to other people and organisations when any of the following apply:
• they are employed by us
• they are your authorised representatives
• they are our professional advisors
• they are regulated or authorised by law to collect or use the information
• we have your consent to share the information
• we need to share your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested
• we need to send your information to companies that provide a service us in the course of our business
• we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information
We do not sell your personal information, contact details or any client databases to any third parties for market research or contact purposes. We do not sell or give out personal information to overseas organisations or agencies.
Failure to provide us with your personal information
Your failure to provide us with your personal information, whether that is information requested by us, required by law or otherwise necessary for us to act on your behalf or provide you with a service, may result in us terminating any client agreement, retainer or other relationship. We will only terminate any such relationship after notice is given to you from us that if the information is not provided we can no longer act and providing you with a reason as to why the particular information is required.
Quality of personal information
Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us by email or fax if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. No fee applies to correction of personal information.
Access to personal information and correction of personal information
Should you wish to access or correct your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer.
How you can complain
Should you wish to complain about our business breaching Australian Privacy Principles or any registered binding APP code (name the code) please contact our Privacy Officer in writing detailing your complaint, including any relevant dates and times, contact persons and any relevant information.
Your complaint will be handled with care and in a timely fashion by a member of our business. We will respond to your compliant within a reasonable timeframe, which is usually within thirty (30) days. We may escalate your complaint to an external dispute resolution scheme or to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If, for any reason, you would like to be removed from our mailing lists, please email or fax us and clearly state your full name and address as it appears on the communication piece you received from us.
Commitment to data security
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precaution to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.